Tuesday, April 15

To Blog or Not to Blog

I have a love-hate relationship with blogs. One the one hand, I am sitting at a computer at work for 9 hours a day, 5 days a week. I am constantly reading emails, typing notes into our database, searching the university website, etc. I try to keep my face farther than 8 inches from the screen but it seems to be more difficult than I thought it would be. I even moved the computer screen 1/2 way across the desk but I still catch myself leaning towards the screen. Furthermore, I sit in a window-less, poorly lit office in a building that may be older than my parents. So, all this complaining should say that I have nearly zero desire to go home and spend even more time on a computer.

However, I do enjoy writing and I also enjoy sharing my thoughts with others. A blog has a somewhat therapeutic effect on me because it's a place where I can vent and dream and discuss. This ties into the title of my blog. "Pilgrim" fits mostly because I am a bit of a wanderer and a thinker. I am still searching for direction, for my place in this world. This is why Pilgrim fits me. I am on a journey.

"Coffeehouse" is rather straightforward. I spend a lot of time in coffee shops around town because I find they have environments and atmospheres that help foster my creativity and thinking. This started in college when I did my homework at a few local coffee shops and it didn't stop after I graduated. I know they can be loud and busy, but for some reason that energizes me and helps me focus. Go figure.

I don't have a theme for this blog per se, so you will see many different topics and ideas on here. Please leave comments on what I write. I love discussing things.

Cheers

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Are you sure it isn't the coffee that energizes you? ;)

Love you, love your blogs.

Old Thoughts