Wednesday, December 31

jury duty

There is a question that I would love to ask our governmental leaders: Why do I get summoned so often for jury duty? Yes, I received my latest summons in the mail yesterday. I believe this is either my 5th or 6th jury summons and I'm not even 30 years old yet. I have been eligible for jury duty for 11 years now and I have been faithfully summoned nearly every 2 years. No one I know has been summoned this many times. NO ONE. Perhaps my grandparents have...but no one else.

Now, this probably sounds like I am shunning my public duty to serve on a jury and I would like to clarify that I have no problem with serving on a jury. My problem is with the election process. Did I end up on the court's favorite list? Why do they choose me so often? How did I get onto this list and how can I put into the pool with the rest of my fellow Arizonans that are called to serve maybe 5 or 6 times in their life?

I suppose there is no such list and that I am "randomly" chosen numerous times. I suppose I should also mention that this summons, and the court date on which I am to serve, are within the two year limit that someone can be called on to serve. So I am fine and I do not have to go to jury duty for now. I suspect that my next summons will soon arrive in the mail. Until then...I just needed to vent a bit :-)

No comments:

Old Thoughts